Current Positions Available
Clark Pacific has a challenging and rewarding career awaiting you. As one of the leading design-build precast manufacturers in the United States, we have strong project and structural engineering teams as well as high-performing teams in production, field, IT, administration, HR, estimating/sales and marketing. Being a part of Clark Pacific is a great move at any point in your career. Join us as we help owners/developers, architects, and builders create high-quality projects and new additions to the vibrant urban landscape of California and the Western US.
WANT TO JOIN THE CLARK PACIFIC TEAM?
Interested applicants may email their resumes to: email@example.com.
You may also send your resume to:
attn: HR Department
1980 South River Road
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Clark Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SENIOR CAD DETAILER (IRWINDALE)
Facilitates the successful design, drafting, fabrication, and installation of structural building systems. Applies engineering, drafting, project management, and communication skills while working as a team member to assure “cradle to grave” execution of assigned projects. Ensures a safe working environment by observing and enforcing company safety procedures and releasing high quality construction documents resulting in safer fabrication and installation processes. Assists the Drafting Supervisor with resource planning and directing offshore resources.
II. JOB SPECIFICATIONS: Job specifications should include all necessary qualifications to perform the full job at an acceptable level.
Kind and length of experience:
- 10 years’ experience in preparation and coordination of precast concrete construction documents.
- 5 years’ experience as team leader, lead drafter or in a supervisory capacity.
- Significant experience in utilization of offshore resources to prepare precast erection and shop drawings.
2. Specialized Knowledge:
- Advanced math skills.
- Ability to visualize in 3D.
- Knowledge and skill in using AutoCAD 2013, MS Word and MS Excel.
- CAD proficiency and ability to quickly draw engineering sketches.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret architectural and engineering documents.
- Can take an object and create different views of it (plan, elevation, section, isometric, 3D).
- Create drawings where the graphic elements are orderly arranged in regard to spatial relationships.
- Ability to prepare drawings that are neat, accurate, appropriately dimensioned, logically arranged in which graphically correct line sizes, line weights, spacing and text sizes are utilized.
- Ability to make mathematical computations necessary for the detailing of precast elements.
- Knowledge of symbols and terminology used in drafting. Understands general construction terms and principles.
- Understands how to generate drawings efficiently by utilizing previous drawings, making minimal changes and moving from the simple to the complex.
- Understanding of how a precast building is put together. Ability to examine and address interferences.
- Knows how to create purchasing material lists without all the shop drawings created.
- Knows how to draw and detail precast prestressed Spancrete, Solid Slabs, Double Tees, Girders, Columns, Spandrels, Stairs.
- Knowledgeable how a drafting department operates based upon an offshore drafting model.
3. Minimum Knowledge/education/certification/license requirements:
- Associates Degree in Drafting
- Solid understanding of structural precast framing, fabrication and construction.
4. Physical Requirements (i.e., extended periods of sitting, bending, stooping, standing, walking or driving; frequency of lifting or carrying heavy objects - note required weight; required communication skills - verbal/auditory):
- Must be able to work in a normal office environment.
- Must be able to visit a field or plant construction environment which includes walking in rough terrain.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
5. Environmental Factors (e.g., ability to work in extreme heat/cold, ability to work at heights over 15 feet, ability to work 3rd shift, travel, ability to work weekends/on-call).
- Ability to work OT as job schedule requires.
- Ability to travel away to job site meetings or design team offices for coordination meetings.
III. PROBLEM SOLVING: Describe the nature and variety of the most typical and the most complex problems faced in this job. Give examples.
1. Typical Problems:
- Determine sequence of drafting processes and resources to meet expedited schedule requirements.
- Figure a way to get the GC to respond to requests for information that are critical to preparation of the precast drawings.
2. Most Complex Problems:
- Troubleshoot contract drawings and internal drawings in order to determine what information is not provided or shown (i.e. “what is missing”) but is needed to complete project, make it more efficient or expedite the schedule.
- Determine cause and responsibility of field errors by researching documentation and providing solutions under extremely fast and pressured circumstances.
IV. AUTHORITY AND DECISION MAKING: Identify the types of decisions that this job can make on its own, as well as those that must be referred to a higher level of management.
1. What typical decisions does this job have complete authority for making?
Submit drawings for approval, issue shop drawings, purchase materials, direct offshore team in regard to job, contact GC for acquiring information.
2. What typical decisions must be referred to others for approval? To whom do you refer these decisions?
Final release to start purchasing refereed to Drafting Supervisor, manpower requirements referred to Drafting Supervisor, approval to start the issuing process refereed to Drafting Supervisor, change orders referred to the Sales Department, erection schedules referred to the Field Superintendent.
Please contact Brent Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and references. Relocation is being offered for this position.
PROJECT ENGINEER (SACRAMENTO/FONTANA)
The project engineer facilitates the successful design, fabrication, and installation of structural and architectural precast building systems. He/She Applies engineering, project management, and communication skills while working as a team member to assure “cradle to grave" execution of assigned projects while ensuring a safe working environment via observation, enforcing company safety procedures, and by exercising sound engineering judgment in design and construction of projects.